Author Topic: Anyone playing Boom Beach?  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
Anyone playing Boom Beach?
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:06:38 pm »
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if some of you also play Boom Beach (the latest game of Supercell). I am in a Task Force (like a Clan here) alliance, similar to the Mountain Thunder Clans, meaning that we cover pretty much all player levels and you can move up when you get stronger.

We are always looking for skilled new members, so if you are interested let me know :-)

And if you don't know the game and have spare time, you should check it out. But only if you have spare time, i don't want to "steal" players from Clash  ;)

Greetings Shoxx

Offline Player

• Leader
    • Mountain Snow
Re: Anyone playing Boom Beach?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:28:27 am »
I only play when my troops are cooking.  I wouldn't say i'm a skilled player..  What is the name of your task force?

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 02:53:20 am »
The alliance is called Boom Forum Alliance, with the TFs:

-Forum Upcoming
-Forum Evolution  --> Here is my second acco.
-Forum United      --> Here is my main acco.
-Forum Forever
-Forum Elite

Offline Player

• Leader
    • Mountain Snow
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:58:30 am »
Wow you're so much further than me. Im at lvl 27 hq 11.  Your main base is ridiculous!  How long have you been playing?

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:30:27 pm »
I started to play BB in september or october 2014  :)

Forum upcoming would be suited for your lvl, if you are looking for a task force. It has been a while since my second acco was there, but there are still a lot of the same members. Nice guys.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:37:28 pm by Shoxx »

Offline Player

• Leader
    • Mountain Snow
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:08:14 am »
OK cool.  I'll look into it.  I don't know anything about the task force part of the game.  Could be fun. 

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:01:31 am »
It is. The task force operations are the best part of the game and the only reason i still play it :-)
Especially the high level operations are great. You have to make good strategys and attacks to be able to finish them.

Offline Plum

• Elder
    • Mountain Creek
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 04:43:49 am »
I just reached HQ14 this morning. Being a clasher primarily, I of course avoided rushing the HQ, but only now realise it doesn't matter on BB! I'll look out for your Alliance.
Steve

Offline Player

• Leader
    • Mountain Snow
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 05:06:40 am »
Dang it, everyone is ahead of me.  I've only got to 12.  Plum, what task force are you in?  I created my own just to try it. I'm the only one. No one ever joins but I did get enough intel myself to do a mission.

Offline GrimBeeper

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 04:01:48 pm »
I created a task force ages ago, designed for people in the Mountains Clans who are primarily clashers and don't want any commitments in Boom.  However in Thunder a lot of peeps seem to have given up on boom so I didn't bother advertising it.

If you're looking for an active task force with lots of chat, activity then this isn't the taskforce for you!  Check out Shoxx's family of task forces.

However if you after a task force (permanently/temporarily) that allows you to be as active/inactive as you want, no intel requirement... then look for "Mountain Clash" in boom...

Offline Plum

• Elder
    • Mountain Creek
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 08:53:13 am »
I joined forum upcoming the same day I last posted on here. Wish I'd done it sooner given the war bonus...

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »
I just reached HQ14 this morning. Being a clasher primarily, I of course avoided rushing the HQ, but only now realise it doesn't matter on BB! I'll look out for your Alliance.
Steve

It kind of does matter, because rushing the HQ is the best way to go ;-) Only thing that really matters is the offense, because you will get raided anyway. If you want to defend attacks, you have to go really defensive and that slows down the game progress (and isn't really fun imo). When you focus on offense, you will be able to crush every opponent on your map and can easily farm.

I hope you like upcoming Plum. One of our officers (FAL) went there recently to help them a bit. When you level up, you could join Evolution and later United or Forever if you want to. There is a huge difference in the operations and strategys which are used.

And i just scouted your base Plum. You should really upgrade your offense. (HQ - > Sculptor -> Armory (should always be able to upgrade a specific troop combo, can't level all - progress would be too slow) -> Gunboat -> Landing Crafts -> Radar -> Vault, that is the usual priority). I would not recommend to use blue statues and greens are very bad ;-)

Offline GrimBeeper

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 05:46:30 am »
(should always be able to upgrade a specific troop combo, can't level all - progress would be too slow)

From my experience there seems to be two attack strategies that come to the front over other ones.

Tmed & smoky warrior

(1) TMed:  You can often demolish a base without losing any troops, which means you can attack back 2 back quicker. (Grenadier and medics may work the same)
(2) Smokey Warrior:  High end this seems to be the only strategy that you can clear GearHeart with  (I know it has been done with smokey zookas, same skills, different troop)

I went TMed and I am kind kicking myself and trying to Learn/level up smokey warrior.

Offline Shoxx

• Mountain Snow
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 12:10:03 pm »
Warriors are great indeed, with my main account i used Hooka first (Heavy+Zooka) and leveled my Warriors later. Now i use nearly always Warriors.
Hooka works fine as well, there is no base that can't be killed by Hooka, the only problem is that you may have a lot casualties and sometimes need to wait a while (after attacking a strong base).

With my second acco i use Tmed (only leveling Tanks, Medics are not that important until later) and Warriors. Leveling those 2 is okay.

Offline Plum

• Elder
    • Mountain Creek
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »
Great advice guys thanks. I'm now 16 and settled in well, concentrating on upping offensive. I'm one of the higher Intel providers so I know I'm doing well :)
Enjoying the game much more now I'm in a TF.