Author Topic: Boom beach strategy  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Bou Regreg

• -
Boom beach strategy
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:50:12 pm »
[This is for those that are in the Mountain Clash TF]

I am trying to find a balance in my development strategy. Right now I am trying to minimize my victory points with the desired results of being stronger than my potential opponents. However, at this juncture I also want to gather a lot of the magma powerstones. But to do so would require me to attack volcano bases and increase my VP.

Should I hold off on the magma stones or forget about keeping my VP low? Is there another, reliable, way to get magma stones than attacking? Any thoughts and insights would be appreciated.

Offline CK

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
Re: Boom beach strategy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:14:57 am »
Submarines are a good way to get power stones, but for the most part it's s trade. One thing I've done is to prioritize dark stones. I now have 3 +25% power stone chance guardians and it makes a big diff.

Offline Thor

• Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:44 am »
Well you could buy your way to the top ;). I am Groot played this game maxing most def attack hard and often but it has been a struggle even to this day I get massacred often and it's hard to hold loot. I can only advance by spending time in long attacking sessions and spend the rewards immediately. Hodor has followed grims advice and kept vp very low by not attacking anything but dr t bases and resource bases. Have kept radar to lev7 just enough to see both dr t bases. I rarely get attacked and when I do they are usually so weak they can't beat even my wimpy def base. I simply push offense and headquarters as much as possible. Working on maxing everything but defense and honestly it's progressing very well. Keep the submarine running when I can but push troop development first when it comes to resources available. With the new giant crab this will only help hodor hopefully we will see it again soon.

Offline CK

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 09:57:27 am »
Well you could buy your way to the top ;). I am Groot played this game maxing most def attack hard and often but it has been a struggle even to this day I get massacred often and it's hard to hold loot. I can only advance by spending time in long attacking sessions and spend the rewards immediately. Hodor has followed grims advice and kept vp very low by not attacking anything but dr t bases and resource bases. Have kept radar to lev7 just enough to see both dr t bases. I rarely get attacked and when I do they are usually so weak they can't beat even my wimpy def base. I simply push offense and headquarters as much as possible. Working on maxing everything but defense and honestly it's progressing very well. Keep the submarine running when I can but push troop development first when it comes to resources available. With the new giant crab this will only help hodor hopefully we will see it again soon.

I'll likely mostly follow this advice with Lil CK, although his VP is already high.  I like attacking.  CK's VP is very high for my HQ level (13, 170ish). 

Attacking VP neutral bases is a good idea too since you can get stones from em.

Offline Bou Regreg

• -
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:56 pm »
I got a little bored sitting. So ended up pushing VP from 87 to 117. I needed the wood to upgrade my HQ so I took out all the volcano mercenary bases.  ;D  Right now my troops can only defeat Dr. T up to stage 2. I want to stay low like Hodor, we will see if I have the patience.

Yes, the mega crab was nice. The ability to make multiple attacks to weaken the base is a god send.