Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Sar

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
Fallout 4
« on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:18 pm »
Anyone playing Fallout 4?

Offline Kevichiwa

• Elder
    • Mountain Thunder
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:03 pm »
I play on Xbox one!

Offline Sar

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:06:33 am »
I've been playing it, found some interesting tricks.  However, I think the biggest ones relate to companions.  Most companions have a relatively easily grindable action that they like.  As an example, Cait and Hancock like when you use chems.  The catch is that they have a cooldown of some sort such that repeating the same action will not produce additional reputation.  I don't know what the cooldown is, though sleep seems to get rid of it.  Anyway, aside from sleep, there's an interesting trick to get around this.  If you save and load your game, it resets the cooldown.  So you do the action to get the rep, save the game, load it, do the action again, repeat.  For most companions, this allows you to quickly grind rep.  Note that Strong and MacGready, who like when you steal stuff, can be ground easily by breaking into the Warehouse in Goodneighbor.  You have to clear out some easy Triggermen, but once you do, there's TONS of stealable items in there and no one to see you steal them, so you can easily grind their rep to max in there.

Why would you want to grind rep?  There's four good reasons:
1) As the reputation gets higher, you get conversations with the companions that tells their backstories and are generally pretty interesting.
2) Some companions, like Valentine and MacGready, have questlines associated with them.  They're both interesting and another good source of reputation and such.
3) Every companion has a perk they bestow at max rep.  They don't have to be with you or even alive for the perk to be active; once you get the perk, it's permanent.
4) Many companions can be added as romantic interests at max rep.  You are not limited to just one.  If you go to sleep with a romantic interest nearby (they don't need to be traveling with you), you get a +15% exp buff for some time.  So for example, I have Piper parked in Sanctuary Hills; everytime I sleep in a bed there, I get the buff refreshed.

On a final note about companions, Lone Wanderer is an awesome perk but only works if you don't have a companion.  The dog doesn't count against this, so you can travel with him and no mess up the Lone Wanderer perk.  Also, his rep can't change, so unlike other companions, there's no pressure to tailor your conversation choices based on what your companion wants.

Offline Vanniek71

• Leader
    • Mountain Creek
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:32:56 pm »
Im playing on Xbox one too.....damned time sink.....glorious glorious time sink

Offline Sar

• Co-Leader
    • Mountain Thunder
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:52 am »
Alas, I finished this game (including all achievements) a while ago.  I enjoyed it, though I didn't really find it to be difficult. Which is fine, mind.  I like playing some games like Dark Souls because they're somewhat difficult, but games like Fallout are fun because of the exploration and storylines.